RACE TO THE WHITE HOUSE 2008

RACE TO THE WHITE HOUSE 2008

Friday, February 1, 2008

There will not be a retraction

By: Miranda Faber, Editor

Due to the recent upset expressed by the Hillary campaign team, I would like to take a moment to clarify claims made in my recent article entitled “The Hillary Saga: Is All Hell About to Break Loose?” Upon being confronted by a Clinton campaign rep, I was asked to remove a quote that was provided to our paper by an anonymous source closely linked to the Hillary camp, and to retract that statement where I mentioned being unable to obtain an interview with Senator Clinton.

While Ms. Brinker claims that it is “against the rules” to use information gathered while the candidate is not in character, I’m afraid that I am going to stick by my original claim. The quote, which references an occasion when Senator Clinton “bashed members of the press” was obtained via an insider who is affiliated with the Hillary camp, and the criticism directed towards Ms. Kristen Cook, Fox news anchor, was found on a memo. While this was privileged information provided to the Times by an unnamed source, according to my understanding, memos are indeed to be written in one’s character to fellow teammates. And so, such memorandums are to be formal correspondence on the part of a candidate, broadcast employee or rep in their given role. Unless I am informed otherwise, we will leave the reference as is.

The campaign rep also indicated contempt for a claim I made personally about attempts to interview the Senator. She criticized my lack of correspondence via e-mail in the quest for a chance to speak with Hillary. While this is true, we, at the Times, have generally provided publicity for candidates who have actively approached our team and promoted their candidate. Since the first day of Campaign 118, the Hillary camp has not spoken to us as potential voters, nor as potential publicity.

While I will maintain the arguments made in my recent article, I would like to clarify that this was not an attempt to make a personal attack against Hillary nor her campaign team. She has done many things well, and impressed me at many levels (hence I openly endorsed her for several weeks), but as of late I cannot deny her tendency to make tactless comments, and at times contradicts herself, which is the sole reason we are no longer backing the former First Lady and Senator of New York. I very much like the Senator as a person, and feel she exhibits some unique and notable qualities, but the recent turn of events has caused myself and others to become wary of her sincerity and information on the issues at hand. Should the Hillary camp still desire an interview with our organization, we would welcome the opportunity to further clarify the issues that have been brought to our attention.

2 comments:

Kristin Cook, Fox News Anchor said...

Thank you for enlightening me about Senator Clinton's recent actions within the campaign. Your original article was very informative and I command you for sticking to your guns and not retracting your statements.
Kristin Cook
(Not Fox News Anchor, simply Sociology 118 classmate)

FOX NEWS said...

I honestly had no idea about all this drama! so intense! haha.
-Mariya

Introducing....

Do You Think Obama Will Use Clinton's Racial Comment To His Advantage To Gain Votes?